Tuesday, 20 May 2008

God's Sure Call on Moses

As we talked about Moses encountering the overwhelming holiness of God in the burning bush, we learned an unusual name God used for Himself: "I AM." Before our worship time, we talked about that name and what God says about himself: "I am kind. I am good. I am loving. I am strong. I am faithful. I am a God who takes care of His people. I am a God who hears His people. I am a God who knows everything." Then we worshiped Him because He is all of those things and more. (We worshipped on our faces before God, just like Moses -- although maybe a bit more wiggly.)
We learned the last verse of Psalm 121, and I am so thankful for this Psalm of comfort that the children can cling to when fighting fear. Leah was in there teaching with me as well, and my heart rejoiced at seeing her guiding the little ones through a Psalm she had learned herself as a child. She didn't remember it at first, but it came back quickly (praise God.) We all missed Cherie, but it was a very sweet evening with the Lord.

No comments: