Thursday, 31 December 2009

Refreshed For A New Semester

Happy New Year! We finished our CDG semester in December with two capable young substitute teachers filling in for me while my family went travelling to visit colleges for John Jr. next fall. (I can't believe that we are really at this point.) I am so grateful to Emily teaching on God's faithfulness in giving Abraham the promised son Isaac. I love that this story came just as we were preparing to take our Christmas break. Baby Isaac's birth foreshadows Christ's birth, and we tried to make sure that we included this in the lesson. Seeing that the recurring themes of the Bible constantly point us to Christ strenghtens faith. Earlier, Alissa had taught on the angels' visit to Abraham, generously repeating the promise of God to Abraham and Sarah.

God has been gracious to refresh us with this break, and I am so eager to see all of you again and get back into our routine. We will start our new term with a Winter Carnival in the library to review God's Truths covered in our first semester. Also, there are several students who have earned badges, which we will award the following week. I look forward to seeing all of you very soon. Blessings!

No comments: